Style & Fashion

That Thing Around Your Waist

Most men get turned on when they see beads adorn a woman’s waist. It boosts their confidence; prolong sexual activities during foreplay because it can be played with.

Here is a conversation between Boo and I.

“Hey babe, you know, I’ll like to use waist beads.”

“Huh?! Waist kini? Why? What for?”

“Well, I’ve always loved it; I’ve always admired it on those traditional dancers. I’m grown now and I think I can rock it without anybody breathing down my neck.”

“Ha! Isn’t it for this ibile (local) people? You want people to think you are from the bush?”

“There you go again! It’s nothing local; it’s for adornment of the waist. And who are the people that’ll see it? It will be under my clothes and I don’t plan to go around showing people my waist. You know I’m conservative (winks!). I thought you were going to say it is a fetish thing.”

“I was going to say that.”

“Well, you know me. I’m not a fetish person. I’ll walk into a bead shop, buy the materials, arrange it myself and rock it and you are gonna love it!”

“Okay then. Let’s see you rock it.”

I had this conversation with my Boo and I wasn’t satisfied. So, I decided to conduct an opinion census on a friend’s wall on Facebook where I asked people what they think about waist beads, if they like to use it or not, and how they perceive those who use it.

 

95% of female respondents love waist beads and use it. The other 5% love waist beads but can’t use it because of public opinion. Over 85% of men love waist chain and wants their partner to use it because it turns them on while 10% dislike waist chain on their partner because they believe it is used for fetish purposes. However, 4% of total sampled men are indifferent about their partner wearing waist chain. It is however inferred that some of the (men) detractors of waist chain may someday allow their partners to try it on, judging by the tone and inflection of their responses.

Waist beads, known as Jigida (northern Nigeria), Ileke idi (South Western Nigeria) and Mgbaji (Eastern Nigeria) have been in existence as far back as 18th century, used for adornment and also as a sign of social status.
It is pertinent to the female folks and especially to women sexuality. It is worn around the waist hence called “waist” beads.

They are worn either to signify status or as a signal of readiness to a husband or lover. They are used to adorn young girls as a symbol of adolescence, puberty and of course maturity, they also symbolize sexuality.

Judging from people’s response, most men get turned on when they see it adorn a woman’s waist. It boosts their confidence; prolong sexual activities during foreplay because it can be played with. Waist beads can also be used to measure weight gain or loss.

Let’s bring into mind that we live in a part of the world where things and people’s intentions are really judged and misinterpreted. Ladies with waist beads can easily be seen as dirty, wayward and desperately trying to attract men. Some use it for spiritual purposes: for protection, charming and trapping men and also for contraception.

In modern times, one can easily be subjected to these stereotypes when seen with waist beads.

If you are a woman and thinking of rocking waist beads, why don’t you break those stereotypes and do so. Adorn yourself with beautiful waist beads and you can get them in most of the accessory shops around; love it, wear it and make a statement by accessorizing with them.

Do you see how they look nice under your Bikini? Keep that in your mind the next time you are at the pools with your partner! Don’t be scared of being judged or misinterpreted.

But let’s keep something in mind, ladies, waist beads are meant to be worn under clothes. They are personal; for you and the pleasure of your other half, not for the entire street or hall, except you are a belly dancer, a pole dancer or something close to it.

So let’s rock that thing around our waists!

Code Red! Code Red!! 8 Things all Women must do when the Monthly Hormones are raging

Picture Credit: www

Share This:

You Might Also Like

1 Comment

  • Reply
    Victor Doobig
    March 29, 2017 at 10:16 am

  • Leave a Reply